You are here
Wood River Wetland | Oregon Adventures
Immerse yourself in the sounds of migratory birds and waterfowl in the Wood River Wetland on the north side of Agency Lake. A half-mile non-motorized accessible trail leads to expansive views of surrounding mountains, waterfowl viewing, and some of the best trout fishing in the Klamath Basin.
Know Before You Go:
- Facilities include paved parking, a trail, a canoe launch, picnic areas and benches, toilets, and interpretive signs.
- There is no drinking water.
- Pets must be controlled on a leash.
- The Wood River Wetland is open year-round for day use only.
- Camping is available at nearby resorts and on the Fremont-Winema National Forests.
- Please note, the trails and roads are open to non-motorized travel only. Motorized access passes are available at the local Bureau of Land Management office in Klamath Falls for individuals with physical disabilities.
- Waterfowl hunters should be aware that the Wood River Wetland is open daily two hours before sunrise and until a half-hour after sunset. No pit blinds or permanent structures are allowed and no decoys or other equipment can be left unattended.